:: Practice Areas >
• Filing of SLP, Appeal, revision, review & Curative petition before Supreme Court.
• Opinion on matters involving substantial questions of law relating to interpretation of statutory provisions
of various legislations as well as the constitutional provisions.
• Filing and defending of Writ Petition before High Courts as well as before Supreme Court.
• Preparation and presentation of consultative paper on subjects involving interpretation of various statutes
and the constitution.
• Drafting and vetting of various categories of Criminal Complaints, documents and FIRs and other
Applications like exemption from personal appearance, superdari etc.
• Filing of criminal complaint with respect to various offences under Indian Penal Code as well as under
• Obtaining Bail and Anticipatory Bail.
• Conducting trial and defending cases before various fora.
• Advising on pre-emptive measures to avoid penal consequences.
• Drafts and vet various categories of Contracts, agreements, MOU, MOA, AOA and other documents.
• Prepares and file civil Suits, Appeals, Reviews, Revisions and execution cases before various Courts,
Tribunals, Boards etc. and defend them.
• Drafts notices relating to recovery, injunction and declaration and securing information under various
FOOD SAFETY AND STANDARD LAWS
• Gives opinion on food related matters relating to the procedure for making applications for registration
and license under Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 , Essential
Commodities Act, Standards of Weights and Measures Act,
• Represents before the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), various other quasi-judicial
Fora and Courts including High Courts and Supreme Court in food safety and standard cases relating to
the rejection of applications.
• Prepares documents and literatures for food recall plans, risk-management practices, Food Safety
management etc. in order to make necessary pre-emptive compliances etc.
• Various central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 , Fruit Products Order, 1955, Meat
Food Products Order, 1973, Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order, 1947, Edible Oils Packaging
(Regulation) Order 1988, Solvent Extracted Oil, De-Oiled Meal and Edible Flour (Control) Order, 1967,
Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992 etc will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006
CORPORATE LAWS AND SECRETARIAL PRACTICE
• Advises and execute the job of Incorporation of Company, dissolution/winding of the company,
compromise and arrangement scheme involving merger, amalgamation etc. and preparation of
• Manages the Company Law compliances (Periodical and incidental compliances) like filing of documents
to, giving notices, reports etc. to ROC and its other affiliates and is an expert in Company Law
• Company Law documentations and filing thereof in ROCs and obtaining various kinds of approval.
• Filing of petitions and applications and defending thereof before CLB.
• Representing before DCA and its affiliates.
• Preparation, filing and defending various kinds of Company petitions before Company Courts.
• Execute all sorts of Corporate compliance.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
• Prepares various categories of documents in compliance with the principles enshrined in the domestic
and International requirements under Trade Marks, Copyrights, Patents, Geographical indications,
Industrial designs etc. Laws and Regulations.
• File and register documents with the appropriate authorities and obtaining various exclusive rights,
Licences, Assignments and Patents etc. and their renewal, restorations etc. involving managements of
these high value intangible Assets.
• Preparing and drafting patent specifications.
• Prepares and vet the License agreements, Registered user agreements, assignments etc.
• Protection, enforcements and dispute resolution in the violation, infringement, passing off, plagiarisation,
imitation, unauthorised use etc. of these rights and Assets.
• Gives opinion and advises pre-emptive measure in regard to the various types of offences under the
Information Technologies Act.
• Opinion as to compliances of the various provisions of the Act and the monitoring and enforcement of
the guiding principles of the Act.
• Defends any prosecution for the offences under the Act.
• Design user-friendly framework on application based model to understand the concept relating to Cyber
REVENUE LAWS (INCOME TAX, WEALTH TAX, GIFT TAX, SALE TAX, CENTRAL EXCISE, CUSTOMS ETC.)
• Formulate Tax planning for individual earners comprising both salaried class as well as self employed
class carrying on business and/or profession.
• Firm has an exclusive expertise in every gamut of Tax planning for corporate entity which amongst
others includes the form of entity, capital rationing, tax shifting, tax postponement, tax transfer, tax
abatement, Transfer pricing, concept of reverse Merger, double taxation avoidance etc.
• Advises Corporate on issues of various Revenue Laws compliances.
• Represent cases before the Adjudicating authorities of Revenue Dept. including Tribunal and Appellate
Tribunal. File cases and defend them in courts of competent jurisdiction including Supreme Courts.
• Gives opinion on the issues of Tax planning involving interpretation of revenue laws and its expediency.
EXTERNAL TRADE CONTROL AND REGULATIONS INCLUDING FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT LAWS AND REGULATIONS
• Gives opinion on FEMA related capital as well as current account transactions including in particular
acquisition etc. of Immovable property, Account management, opening of offices for business activities,
Export and Import formalities, fund repatriation issues etc.
• Defend FEMA prosecutions, represent before the Adjudicating authorities, Appellate authorities, file and
defend Appeal petitions before the High Court as well as Supreme Court.
• Formulate strategies to administer the issues involving FDI, External Commercial Borrowing,
establishment of Wholly owned foreign subsidiary entity, Joint ventures, Foreign collaboration, Cross
border Merger, Amalgamation, Acquisition and Takeover of entities. Advises and gives opinion on the
foreign investment related issues.
• Advises on sector centric investment opportunities and compliance of regulatory formalities and obtain
approvals from various regulatory authorities like FIPB and RBI.
• Advises on management of various Accounts maintained under FEMA.
• Expert in legal Engineering involving complex issues of investment, Taxation, Capital rationing,
synchronisation of different cross border regulatory requirements etc.
• Advise and handle ADR, GDR and Foreign Currency Convertible Bond issues.
REAL ESTATE, PROPERTY RELATED LAWS
• Obtain various kinds of suitable approval relating to the real estate business from Govt. and other
• Incorporation of Companies, Firms, Societies and other suitable entities depending upon the nature and
scale of real estate development objectives.
• Carry out necessary due diligence and issue authentic certificates.
• Advises on the Scheme of Special Economic Zone and facilitate in the due compliance of various policy
guidelines under SEZ Act including the impact and effect of tax regime.
• Advises on the compliance of various regulations under Local land Laws and regulations.
• Prepares and presents to various state agencies, case on behalf of the party for getting Govt. land at
suitable terms and conditions both on lease and ownership basis depending upon the proposal for
investment within the respective State.
• Represent business units and other interested party before various authorities for safeguarding the
interests of parties.
• Advises and handle merger, take over and acquisition of entities to achieve critical mass for business.
• Advises and undertake Security related laws and the issue of IPO and matters incidental and ancillary
• Prepare Search and Status report with respect to the Title of the land, dweling units and other property.
• Prepare, file and defend litigation cases involving Consumer and MRTP (Now heretofore the Competition
Commission) Cases including defending the prosecution for contravention of various Laws, Rules and
• Drafts property related documents, cooperative agreements, Deeds, Agreement to Sale, Sale Deed, and
Hypothecation Deed etc.
• File petitions for referring disputes to arbitration, process claims and counter claims, take steps for
enforcement of awards etc.
• Give opinion on the issue of settlement of dispute by alternative dispute resolution mechanism.
• Formulate the terms of the contract incorporating the arbitration clause.
BANKING, INSURANCE, LEASING AND FINANCE
• Prepares the search and status reports.
• File and defend the Recovery suits under Recovery of debts due to Banks and FI Act, 1993 and
Securitisation Act, 2002.
• Arrange auction of mortgaged properties /securities.
• File and defend cases under Negotiable instruments Act including in particular dishonour of
• Advises on the Legal Engineering aspects relating to the Banking/Insurance Laws.
• Prepares the tailor-made lease, loan, and finance related documents.
SECURITY LAWS AND REGULATIONS
• Represent before SEBI and obtain approvals from it for various categories of intermediary.
• Prepare various categories of offer documents and advises the Merchant Bankers in the management of
IPO as well as ADR, GDR and FCCB issues.
• Obtain permission for listing of Security in Stock Exchanges and drafts the Listing Agreements and other
• Give Opinion on the security related Laws and regulation.
• Defend cases involving offence under Security Laws.
COMPETITION AND CONSUMER LAW MATTERS
• Advises on the distinction as to the scope, ambit, nature, character etc. of consumer laws and question of
competition in the trade and hence the significance of MRTP Laws/Competition Laws.
• Draft the Trade related Agreements, Advertisements, Arrangements, Contracts, promotional schemes etc.
so as to allay the fear of MTP, RTP, UTP etc.
• File cases and defend them before the MRTP/Competition Commission, Consumer Forum.
• Advises on the timely compliance of various formalities relating to trade behaviour.
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN POWER, TELECOMMUNICATION, ROADS, AVIATION ETC.
• Advises on and handles turnkey infrastructure projects in telecom, energy, road and transport, real estate,
civil aviation etc.
• Prepare the feasibility report for the project.
• Obtain approvals from various authorities including in particular the environmental regulatory bodies and
Local Zoning and land use authorities.
• Gives opinion on interpretational aspect of regulatory framework for Infrastructure projects.
• Represent before the regulatory authorities like TRAI, TDSAT etc. and defend the case therein.
LABOUR RELATED MATTERS
• Advises on and handles labour related Industrial disputes before the Labour Courts and Industrial
Tribunals, EPFC, EPFAT as well as before the other adjudicating authorities, High Courts and the
Supreme Court of India.
• Advises on the conciliation proceedings before various statutory authorities and on various compliances
under Industrial Laws and regulations.
• Prepares the draft policies as to the nature and categories of labour force, both white collar as well as blue
collar, in commensurate with the nature of industry to which the entity belongs.
• Drafts the Emloyor-Employee agreements and looks into various aspects accruable from the contractual
obligations in an industrial establishment to protect the interest of the industry and its proper functioning.
• Periodical and comprehensive legal auditing on various aspects of industrial laws and to safeguard the
interests of the clients from possible intricate industrial disputes.
• Obtain approvals from various statutory authorities as well as from local authorities in relation to
registration of Factories and exemption certificates etc.
PROJECTS UNDER SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES (SEZ), FTZ AND EOU
• Comprehensively advises on SEZ Act, Rules, Regulations including industrial policy, exim policy etc.
• Provide legal framework for establishment and development of SEZ, FTZ, EOU and Export Trading
• Advises on Licensing regulations etc. and facilitate in obtaining relevant various approvals from various
MINES AND MINERALS LAWS
• Gives opinion on mining related matters relating to the procedure for making applications for PL, ML and
RML before the State Govt and the matters incidental and ancillary thereto including in particular the
regulatory procedures for the management of mining activities. This includes Forest Clearance from the
• Represents before the State Govt, Central Govt, various other quasi-judicial Fora and Courts including
High Courts and Supreme Court in mining cases relating to the rejection of PL, ML, RML applications and
issues involving Mining Lease conditions.
• Prepares and advises on the mining proposal involving value addition projects. Drafts MOU relating to the
mining lease proposal.